Search This Blog

Monday, June 10, 2013

My First hair set back!! :(

THIS IS OFFICIALLY MY FIRST SET BACK OF MY HAIR JOURNEY. I relaxed my hair with a Lusters Pink brand touch up relaxer. 


 
This is the brand I always use; regular strength. I thought because I had been using monistat on my scalp that I needed to be extra gentle. BAD DECISION. I didn't put enough relaxer so I UNDER processes my new growth. OMG I HAVE NEVER EVER SEEN MY HAIR REACT LIKE THIS. My roots are nappy as all get out! My fingers get stuck at the root when trying to finger comb!! Ahhhhh!!!! I want to scream and cry!! I let it air dry thinking it would be better, heat damage wise....bad decision#2!!! OMG my hair is so brittle. I also used another/different shampoo that's suppose to be moisturizing with coconut but it totally dried my hair out. It had sulfates and my hair isn't used to them because I use Creme of nature sulfate free line faithfully! 


The shampoo that MAY or MAY NOT be to blame for my dry hair

I am soo depressed. I will try to shampoo again and get a hot oil treatment. I think one mistake I did was put the egg and Mayo protein treatment in my hair right after my relaxer :( I think that is what has made my hair dry and maybe not so much the shampoo :( I am doing my research about the porosity of hair and will inform you guys about it later :)


Oh! I also purchased this:

I think this product is water based; not good on relaxed, flat ironed hair. Better on wet hair before blow dry

^^^ I wanted to see what the big fuss was about about this she's butter conditioner. I can't give a totally honest review because my hair has hit a set back stage. I applied this on my dry hair And it seemed to do NOTHING but make my hair more dry when the product dried on my hair. This product is water-based so I try not to use it on dry, flat ironed hair. When I do, it just makes my hair "wet" again :(

No comments:

Post a Comment