Search This Blog

Thursday, June 6, 2013

MY personal Hair Regimen! Steps to healthier hair!

Hey bloggers! I wanted to share with you the products that I have been using to create my hair regimen while on my long, healthy hair journey! These are the steps I have began to take in order to help me reach my goal to mid-back lenght hair by next year:

1) Relaxing further apart/stretching my relaxer-I discovered I was putting too much relaxer on my hair and I was over processing it. I was also relaxing too often. I will try to streach my relaxers for at least 4 months.

2)Using Miconozole Nitrate (Monistat)-Miconozole nitrate helps rid the scalp of bacteria. This promotes growth.

3)Taking Biotin pills-These pills can be found at Walmart, CVS or Walgreens, or probably anywhere vitamins are sold. It helps promote growth and good health of hair and nails.

4)Washing my hair more often-....but not TOO often. Instead of washing once a month, I wash twice to help get rid of build up on my scalp, thus promoting growth.

4)Protein treatments-I started using an egg and mayonnaise mix (YES eggs and mayo!) on my hair after washing it. I only do this maybe twice a month.

5)Rinsing conditioner out with cold water-I have heard that cold water closes the pores on your scalp, which I guess helps something lol

6)Rinsing my hair with vinegar-Vinegar (white or apple cider) helps your hair become shiny and soft. Mix half vinegar and half water, pour it on your hair and let sit under shower cap for 3 minutes. DO NO shampoo out.

7)Trim more often-Although I hate trimming length off, it has to go. That is the reason why my hair has been the same lenght for so long. I have major dead, split ends. It splits all the way up the hair shaft and causes breakage...so just cut it off!

8) Hand off-Yes, keeping your hands out of your hair is key. Too much styling such as constant brushing, combing and heat can severly damage hair causing it to break off.

9)Wearing protective styles-My main protective style are wigs. Although sew ins are good too, they can be damaging to your hair when removing them. I would suggest staying away from glued-in or bonded weaves. Even if glue is property taken out, it still may damage your hair.

10) Be patient!-You wont see major hair growth over night. It WILL be frustrating in the beginning. You must accept any set backs and move on. Take pictures of progress so you can see the change slowly being made. This will encourage you not to give up!

Hope this helps!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment